To All Our Amazing Patients,
Beaches Dental Mona Vale will scaling back our opening hours to by appointment only and will only be providing consults to patients in regards to emergency or urgent dental care and have teamed up with local Specialists who can help complete treatment as required in an effort to minimise risk to staff and patients of COVID-19 spread.
The ADA classification for Emergency or Urgent dental care is as follows
Only dental treatments that do not generate aerosols, or where treatments generating aerosols is limited to:
- Management of patients with acute dental pain e.g. endodontic treatment under rubber dam, or extraction
- Management of significantly damaged upper front teeth (e.g. due to trauma, with restorative treatment provided under rubber dam
- Soft tissue pathology e.g. ulcers
- Management of complex medically compromised patients with dental concerns which may compromise their systemic disease
- Management of those at a higher risk of rapid progression of dental disease due to socioeconomic or cultural factors Management of patients referred by a medical practitioner for medically necessary dental care
Unfortunately, at this time we have been advised we are to DEFER all dental treatments for patients not fitting the risk categories identified above including:
- Extractions of asymptomatic teeth without swelling
- Broken or chipped tooth/teeth
- Bleeding or sore gums, halitosis
- Loose teeth without aspiration risk
- Denture concerns
- Crown and bridge
- Routine recall examinations and dental treatments including scale and clean
- Clicking/grating in jaw joint
Our phone’s and email are still ON over this time but PLEASE be patient with us in returning your calls and emails – we too are trying to stay home but we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
WE WILL SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON and do not hesitate to contact us over this time.
STAY SAFE and LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER. Together we will get through this and the Team at Beaches Dental will be here on the other side to help you as much as we can.
REMEMBER: Brushing Twice per day and flossing reduces the risk of getting holes and can also help slow any holes getting bigger. Keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook for more information, some dental tips and more over this time!